Join CoProcure as a Product Manager
San Francisco, CA | Full-Time
The internet has transformed commerce in every industry except for government. A public employee can hire a babysitter or housecleaner, order groceries, or buy a new outfit in just a few minutes. But it takes months — or even years — for that same individual to complete a purchase on behalf of the public. The market for government spending is huge — $1.6 trillion at the local government level in the US alone —but remains inefficient and largely offline.
CoProcure is bringing the ease and efficiency of online shopping to public procurement. Our marketplace matches local and state governments with suppliers available on compliant contracts from peer public agencies. By aggregating and organizing public procurement information, CoProcure expedites the purchasing process for governments from 6+ months to a few weeks and lowers the cost of doing business for suppliers.
Increasing the efficiency of public procurement is an enormous business opportunity. It is also a force-multiplier for impact in our local communities. If you’re looking to grow at the speed of a startup and achieve impact at the scale of government, we encourage you to apply.
About this role
You’re a problem-solver and a builder at heart. You’ve been looking for an opportunity that combines your product experience with large scale social and business impact. You have experience across the full software development lifecycle, from research and scoping to launch and maintenance. Now, you’re ready to roll up your sleeves, talk to users, build internal consensus, and launch new features and even product offerings.
You’re excited to help set and execute against an ambitious product vision. You can ruthlessly prioritize and make speedy decisions that take into account qualitative and quantitative data, user needs, business goals, and company resources. You’re well-organized and an excellent communicator. You're well-versed in working cross-functionally and managing internal stakeholders. You're prepared to wear many hats and problem-solve creatively using all the tools at CoProcure's disposal. You're as comfortable working with engineers as you are supporting business goals. You’re highly collaborative; you get energy from playing a critical role in bringing a product to life and enabling a team to become more effective.
This is a full-time role based in San Francisco, CA. We support a hybrid work environment: most of our team members spend 3 days in the office and the other days working from home or remotely.
- Contribute to and execute to achieve the product vision: Drive consensus around product priorities with the leadership team. Prioritize feature ideas against strategic priorities and capacity constraints, and captain product planning and sprint cycles.
- Translate user needs into new features and products: Talk with external and internal users, understand user needs, and translate these needs into feature ideas.
- Build new features and products: Generate product specifications, set key milestones for building new features and manage progress, coordinate feature launches, and measure impact of new features towards desired goal(s).
- Think outside the product box: Leverage resources across the company to create solutions that solve user and business problems.
- Support a culture of product development: Shape product culture at CoProcure. Establish internal processes and systems that strengthen our team’s product development muscles. Communicate well, and often, about product decisions and lessons learned.
- Other opportunities as they arise.
- Relevant experience: 2-5 years of Product Management experience at a high-growth technology company.
- Entrepreneurial ownership mentality: You’re a self-starter who can readily acknowledge mistakes, own them, fix them, and learn from them in short cycles.
- Critical problem-solving skills: You’re able to quickly make good decisions and ruthlessly prioritize, often without complete information.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills: You’re equally comfortable discussing high-level strategy with leadership as you are getting into the weeds with teammates about a specific feature or user action.
- Experience working cross-functionally: You're comfortable working with engineering, design, marketing - whatever is needed to achieve maximum impact.
- Organizational and project management skills: You’re able to organize and triage many ideas, juggle timelines, and clearly communicate and document decisions and progress. You set up processes to align members of a team around a shared goal and keep everyone on track.
- Iterative mentality: You’re able to quickly put out imperfect ideas for feedback and ruthlessly prioritize, often without complete information, while still working towards long term goals. You’re scrappy and execution-focused. You’re not intimidated by resource constraints; you find creative ways to unblock teammates and get things done.
- Experience influencing others towards a desired outcome: You’re able to build consensus and engage different stakeholders to achieve a shared goal.
- Ability to use data to drive decisions: You’re in the habit of articulating and measuring your progress using qualitative and quantitative data and using this data to inform and refine your approach.
- Passion for impact: You’re excited about having an outsized role in shaping a product that will change how local governments spend $1.6T of taxpayer dollars, improve government services for Americans, and help new businesses grow.
Nice to have, not required:
- Past experience working on search or marketplace products.
- Past experience or interest in visual design.
- Past experience or interest in government.
- Interest in growing into a management role.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.