Join CoProcure as a People Operations Manager
San Francisco, CA | Full-Time
The internet has transformed commerce in every industry except for government. A public employee can hire a babysitter or housecleaner, order groceries, or buy a new outfit in just a few minutes. But it takes months — or even years — for that same individual to complete a purchase on behalf of the public. The market for government spending is huge — $1.6 trillion at the local government level in the US alone —but remains inefficient and largely offline.
CoProcure is bringing the ease and efficiency of online shopping to public procurement. Our marketplace matches local and state governments with suppliers available on compliant contracts from peer public agencies. By aggregating and organizing public procurement information, CoProcure expedites the purchasing process for governments from 6+ months to a few weeks and lowers the cost of doing business for suppliers.
Increasing the efficiency of public procurement is an enormous business opportunity. It is also a force-multiplier for impact in our local communities. If you’re looking to grow at the speed of a startup and achieve impact at the scale of government, we encourage you to apply.
About this role
As CoProcure’s first People Operations (PeopleOps) Manager, you will oversee the strategy and implementation of core programs, processes, and systems to hire, develop, and support an incredible CoProcure team through our next phase of growth and beyond. You will report directly to the CEO.
This is a full-time role based in San Francisco, CA. We support a hybrid work environment: most of our team members spend 3 days in the office and the other days working from home or remotely.
You're passionate about building a workplace that brings out the best in everyone who becomes a part of it. You’re ready to roll up your sleeves to do the work of hiring, developing, and supporting a team while also putting into place the strategy and systems to begin rapidly scaling this work. You’re passionate about building and supporting incredible teams, and you've been searching for an opportunity to combine that passion with large-scale social and business impact.
- Recruiting and hiring: Establish and implement a talent acquisition strategy with a relentless focus on identifying and recruiting a best-in-class, diverse team. Do the work to meet our top hiring needs.
- Compensation and benefits: Develop and execute comprehensive performance management and a compensation strategy with an emphasis on pay equity. Align our performance management, compensation, and benefits strategy with our company’s goals and values. Ensure that our comp & benefits are competitive, cost effective, compliant, aligned with our values, and distributed fairly.
- Employee engagement and organizational culture: Help create an employee experience that brings our values to life and allows our team to do the best work and experience the most learning in their careers. Develop scalable, measurable ways to surprise and delight our employees from first application to onboarding, growth, and departures. Ensure Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion flows through every aspect of the employee lifecycle.
- Performance management: Develop and implement career pathing programs for upwards progression and succession plans for key roles. Develop equitable, transparent ways to evaluate and document performance. Spur career growth across racial, socioeconomic lines to ensure equity flows through everything we do.
- Other opportunities as they arise.
- Phenomenal strategic thinking applied through a People lens: ability to set metrics, identify and adjust priorities, anticipate unintended consequences, mitigate risks, and involve the right stakeholders at the right times.
- Expertise and interest in: organizational development, recruiting & hiring, compensation & benefits, employee engagement, employee development, Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion, and performance assessment and support systems.
- Strong execution skills: You set and achieve ambitious goals. You can identify, prioritize, and execute on near-term opportunities while thinking ahead to how you’ll improve in the next iteration.
- People development prowess, including empathy skills, coaching, feedback, helping set priorities, and creating an inclusive, fair, and engaging team culture and climate.
- Superb communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Phenomenal project management skills, detail-orientation and organization skills.
- Ability to work with diverse stakeholders and understand business needs, both within the organization and externally.
- Ability to create and operationalize new, organization-wide systems / processes for fast-scaling organizations, and to thrive in a rapidly-changing environment.
- Ability to analyze data and communicate findings and recommendations to a diverse set of stakeholders.
- Demonstrated passion for our organizational mission and impact.
Nice to have, not required:
- Past experience in People Ops at a high growth company.
- Past experience or interest in government.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.