Join CoProcure as our First Operations Lead
San Francisco, CA | Full-Time
The market for government spending is huge — $1.9 trillion at the state and local levels in the US — but remains inefficient and largely offline. A public employee has better online tools to hire a babysitter or buy a new outfit than to make an essential purchase on behalf of the public. By aggregating and organizing procurement information, CoProcure expedites the purchasing process for governments from 6+ months to a few weeks. We're bringing the ease and efficiency of online shopping to public procurement.
CoProcure has $465M GMV in annualized search value and that number is growing 35% quarter over quarter. If you’re looking to grow at the speed of a startup and achieve impact at the scale of government, apply to join our small team that's making a huge difference.
About this role
As our first operations lead, you'll be responsible for keeping our company running smoothly. You'll work with our founders to map out the company's needs and develop the processes for supporting and scaling our internal operations, including facilities and equipment management, onboarding, recruiting, event planning, and vendor management. You'll roll up your sleeves and do the work across a large variety of responsibilities. You'll report directly to the CEO.
This is a full-time role based in San Francisco, CA. We support a hybrid work environment: most of our team members spend 3 days in the office and the other days working from home or remotely.
You have excellent organizational and communication skills, great attention to detail, and you’re passionate about investing in the processes and people to enable a happy, healthy, and productive team. You’ve been looking for an opportunity to combine your skills with large scale social impact. You're excited to rapidly grow and scale our company while maintaining a culture that is personal and fun.
- Internal processes: Ensure our internal processes such as All Hands, weekly metrics updates, new hire onboarding, and OKRs run on schedule and are informative and concise.
- Office management, IT, and facilities: Manage our office space, leasing, tracking and purchase of office supplies and equipment, and other facilities-related responsibilities. Help set and adjust policies related to tools and equipment. Manage tools and equipment used at the company such as software licenses, electronics, accessories, ergonomic equipment, etc.
- Events: Organize and oversee internal events including Happy Hours, holiday parties, etc. Arrange logistics around external events such as national procurement conventions and conferences.
- Process design: Implement, manage, and iterate on the projects, processes and systems needed to operate and scale the company.
- Finance: Support on budget, manage expenses and reimbursements, source and manage external accounting resources, support leadership on financial projections.
- Legal: Support our relationship with our legal vendor and manage our ongoing legal needs.
- Other opportunities as they arise.
- 2-5 years experience at a high growth company with demonstrated operational excellence.
- Strong project management skills and experience coordinating large projects with many moving pieces: you’re able to prioritize and sequence time well to be able to hit multiple goals at once. You’re detail-oriented and have a passion for execution.
- Experience building processes and systems: you have deep experience building systems to solve problems at different levels of scale.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills: you’re comfortable gathering internal requirements, negotiating with vendors and partners, and working cross-functionally.
- Experience selecting and managing external vendors.
- Entrepreneurial ownership mentality: you’re a scrappy self-starter who can acknowledge mistakes, own them, fix them, and learn from them in short cycles.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.