Lead, Marketplace Growth
San Francisco, CA | Full-Time
The market for government spending is huge, but remains inefficient and largely offline. A public employee has better digital tools to hire a babysitter or buy a new outfit than to make an essential purchase on behalf of the public. CoProcure is a marketplace for the $2T state and local public procurement sector. By aggregating and organizing public procurement information, CoProcure expedites the purchasing process for governments and levels the playing field for businesses — all without selling to governments.
Apply to join our team as we build at startup speed to achieve impact at the scale of government.
About this role
As the first hire in our Marketplace Growth function, you’ll focus on building and accelerating our marketplace flywheel. Working closely with our CEO and cross-functionally with our Go-To-Market, Product, and Business Operations teams, you will set and execute the strategy to deliver improved liquidity in our marketplace and drive incubations that will help CoProcure scale. You will obsess about how we establish balance in our marketplace: how we get the flywheel started, measure it, and get it to spin faster. You’ll implement interventions in a manual way initially, then help scale those interventions up via technology. You’ll accelerate CoProcure’s marketplace growth and future profitability by delivering core capabilities (strategy, operating processes and frameworks, business analysis) and services (business incubations and experiments).
This role reports directly to the CEO.
This is a full-time opportunity based in San Francisco, CA. We support a hybrid work environment: most of our team members spend 3 days in the office and the other days working remotely or from home.
You’re looking to have a major impact on a fast-growing technology startup serving a large, overlooked market. You’re able to understand a complex business landscape, work collaboratively with important internal and external stakeholders, set a strategy, execute, and iterate.
You are especially well-suited for this role if you’ve previously led business operations or new verticals in a marketplace startup, served as a product manager in a marketplace technology business, and/or previously founded your own startup.
- Marketplace growth strategy: Develop frameworks and metrics to analyze liquidity in CoProcure’s marketplace.
- Marketplace growth operations: Design and implement interventions to make CoProcure’s flywheel spin faster.
- Communication and collaboration: Collaborate with Go-To-Market, Product, Business Operations, and Leadership team to align marketplace growth strategy with overall business, product, and go-to-market roadmaps. Drive external relationships as required to increase marketplace liquidity.
- New market development: As CoProcure grows, determine which, when, and how we enter new markets.
- Other opportunities as they arise.
- Entrepreneurial ownership mentality: you thrive on a high level of autonomy and responsibility. You can acknowledge mistakes, own them, fix them, and learn from them in short cycles.
- Strategic leadership: you have a track record of strategy leadership, ideally at a fast-growing marketplace technology company. You have experience defining and executing first of kind strategies. You can see the big picture while also making specific, right-sized tactical plans to move the needle on top priorities.
- Decision making and prioritization skills: you can prioritize through competing demands and complex problems. You can handle ambiguity in a fast-moving organization. You’re comfortable identifying and utilizing quantitative and qualitative data to inform your decision-making and prioritization and track your progress.
- Superb collaboration and communication skills: you’re comfortable gathering internal requirements, negotiating with partners, and working cross-functionally. You’re able to communicate and manage relationships with internal stakeholders, from leadership team members to cross-functional team members, as well as external stakeholders like vendors and cooperative partners.
- Strong project management skills and experience coordinating large projects with many moving pieces: you’re able to prioritize and sequence time well to be able to hit multiple goals at once. You’re detail-oriented and have a passion for execution.
Nice to have, not required:
- Experience in operations, strategy, and/or product at a high-growth technology marketplace.
- Experience founding your own company.
- Experience in management consulting.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.