Join CoProcure as our first Marketing Manager
San Francisco, CA | Full-Time
The market for government spending is huge — $1.9 trillion at the state and local levels in the US — but remains inefficient and largely offline. A public employee has better online tools to hire a babysitter or buy a new outfit than to make an essential purchase on behalf of the public. By aggregating and organizing procurement information, CoProcure expedites the purchasing process for governments from 6+ months to a few weeks.
CoProcure has $465M GMV in annualized search value and that number is growing 35% quarter over quarter. If you’re looking to grow at the speed of a startup and achieve impact at the scale of government, apply to join our small team that's making a huge difference.
About this role
As CoProcure’s first marketing hire, you’ll be the go-to expert on all things marketing. You will focus especially on email and lifecycle marketing to drive acquisition, activation, and engagement of government buyers. You will own our end-to-end email marketing strategy, create segmentation and build processes that create compelling email campaigns, and write and send those emails. While most of your time will be spent on lifecycle and email marketing, you will also own all performance marketing and social media engagement on behalf of our company, and own the overall marketing strategy. You will report directly to our CEO and work closely with our community and product teams. We expect to grow quite a bit over the coming year, and you will have the opportunity to help us build out the marketing team as well.
This is a full-time role based in San Francisco, CA. We support a hybrid work environment: most of our team members spend 3 days in the office and the other days working from home or remotely.
- Lead the vision, strategy, implementation, and results for marketing, particularly email and lifecycle marketing at CoProcure.
- Utilize educational, promotional and transactional email and nurture campaigns to drive acquisition, activation and engagement of buyers on CoProcure.
- Build processes that create compelling email campaigns for various verticals, personas and use cases.
- Establish marketing automation and triggers to engage and convert prospects and users across the user journey using transactional, promotional, and educational content strategies.
- Develop key progress indicators to track program effectiveness and analyze the results of marketing initiatives to improve programs over time.
- Understand the journey of users as they become aware of the product, activate, engage, and even evangelize CoProcure to others.
- Work closely with our community and product teams to ensure marketing / community hand-off and inform product development.
- Devise, deploy, and optimize paid advertising campaigns, including advertising with public procurement associations and chapters, GoogleAd Words, etc.).
- Manage social media marketing (i.e. LinkedIn and Twitter).
- Support on marketing for events, webinars, and other initiatives.
- Other responsibilities as they arise.
- Relevant experience: 2+ years of experience in demand generation, lifecycle and/or email marketing, 3-5 years experience at a high-growth technology company.
- Entrepreneurial ownership mentality: You’re a self-starter who can readily acknowledge mistakes, own them, fix them, and learn from them in short cycles. You’re comfortable designing the strategy and getting into the weeds of implementation.
- Outstanding communication and writing skills: You can create fast, engaging copy to include in emails and marketing collateral. You’re also proactive about communicating about your work, strategy, and dependencies with other teammates and leadership.
- Ability to use data to drive decisions: You’re in the habit of articulating and measuring your progress using qualitative and quantitative data and using this data to inform and refine your approach.
- Fluency with email marketing tools: Hands-on experience with email marketing tools and marketing automation platforms (MailChimp, Marketo, Iterable, Drift, or equivalent tools).
- Organized and self-motivated. You can keep track of many moving parts and execute with a sense of urgency and attention to details. You are highly organized and capable of managing several projects with multiple timelines and objectives at once.
- Passion for impact: You’re excited about having an outsized role in shaping a product that will change how local governments spend $1.6T of taxpayer dollars, improve government services for Americans, and help new businesses grow.
Nice to have, not required:
- Experience with performance marketing.
- Interest in growing into a management role.
- Interest in or experience working in the public sector.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.