Join CoProcure as our Head of Operations
San Francisco, CA | Full-Time
The internet has transformed commerce in every industry except for government. A public employee can hire a babysitter or housecleaner, order groceries, or buy a new outfit in just a few minutes. But it takes months — or even years — for that same individual to complete a purchase on behalf of the public. The market for government spending is huge — $1.6 trillion at the local government level in the US alone —but remains inefficient and largely offline.
CoProcure is bringing the ease and efficiency of online shopping to public procurement. Our marketplace matches local and state governments with suppliers available on compliant contracts from peer public agencies. By aggregating and organizing public procurement information, CoProcure expedites the purchasing process for governments from 6+ months to a few weeks and lowers the cost of doing business for suppliers.
Increasing the efficiency of public procurement is an enormous business opportunity. It is also a force-multiplier for impact in our local communities. If you’re looking to grow at the speed of a startup and achieve impact at the scale of government, we encourage you to apply.
About this role
This role is a critical member of our leadership team. As our Head of Operations, you'll be responsible for the functions of people operations, finance, legal, IT, facilities, events, and other aspects of keeping our company running smoothly. You'll work with our founders to map out the company's needs, develop the strategies and processes for supporting and scaling our internal operations, and recruit and manage a team to execute. You’ll work cross-functionally with other teams including business, product, and engineering and report directly to the CEO.
This is a full-time role based in San Francisco, CA. We support a hybrid work environment: most of our team members spend 3 days in the office and the other days working from home or remotely.
You have proven management experience in a high-growth setting. You have excellent organizational, communication, and leadership skills, and you’re passionate about investing in the processes and people to enable a happy, healthy, and productive team. You’ve been looking for an opportunity to combine your skills with large scale social impact. You're excited to rapidly grow and scale our company while maintaining a culture that is personal and fun.
- Strategy and systems design: Work with the founders to translate the company’s strategy into projects, processes, and systems that support the execution of that strategy. Implement, manage, and iterate on the projects, processes and systems needed to operate and scale the company.
- Organizational design and team building: Build out central functions and teams, including people operations; finance; legal; IT; facilities; and events.
- People management & leadership: Manage a high performing team and support the development of managers and leaders across the company.
- People Operations: Establish and oversee CoProcure’s talent acquisition strategy, employee learning and growth, employee lifecycle and organizational culture, and performance and compensation.
- Finance: Own the budget, finances, and financial projections.
- Legal: Own our relationship with our legal vendor and assess our ongoing legal needs.
- Office management, IT, and facilities: Manage our office space, leasing, office supplies, and other facilities responsibilities. Manage tools and equipment used at the company such as software licenses, electronics, accessories, ergonomic equipment, etc.
- Events: Organize and oversee internal events and communications such as All Hands, Happy Hours, holiday parties, etc. Arrange logistics around external events such as national procurement conventions and conferences.
- Other opportunities as they arise.
- A track record of operational leadership in high-performing organizations.
- Exceptional management of both people and teams, including performance management, coaching, and more: you’re able to motivate and inspire with a vision, build a strong culture, recruit outstanding people to your team, and invest in their growth and development.
- Strategic management: you’re able to develop strategy and plans towards ambitious growth goals and creatively solve complex strategic and operational problems.
- Strong project management skills and experience coordinating large projects with many moving pieces: you’re able to prioritize and sequence time well to be able to hit multiple goals at once. You’re detail-oriented and have a passion for execution.
- Experience building processes and systems: you have deep experience building systems to solve problems at different levels of scale.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills: you’re comfortable gathering internal requirements, negotiating with vendors and partners, and working cross-functionally.
- Experience selecting and managing external vendors.
- Entrepreneurial ownership mentality: you’re a scrappy self-starter who can acknowledge mistakes, own them, fix them, and learn from them in short cycles.
Nice to have, not required:
- Past experience in leading operations at a high growth company.
- Past experience or interest in government.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.