General Manager, Supply
San Francisco, CA | Full-Time
The market for government spending is huge — $1.9 trillion at the state and local levels in the US — but remains inefficient and largely offline. A public employee has better online tools to hire a babysitter or buy a new outfit than to make an essential purchase on behalf of the public. By aggregating and organizing procurement information, CoProcure expedites the purchasing process for governments from 6+ months to a few weeks. We're bringing the ease and efficiency of online shopping to public procurement.
CoProcure has $465M GMV in annualized search value and that number is growing 35% quarter over quarter. If you’re looking to grow at the speed of a startup and achieve impact at the scale of government, apply to join our small team that's making a huge difference.
About this role
You'll be responsible for building the strategy, team, and business relationships to take our product from a search engine to a robust marketplace. You'll grow, lead, and coach our business team as we build out a supplier operations unit with the capacity to onboard suppliers to CoProcure, acquire and refine data from both sides of the marketplace, and conduct early monetization experiments. You'll work with external partners to help us open doors and grow our supplier base. You’ll also identify and help develop the product features, systems, processes, and teams we’ll need to improve the quality of our supply and more effectively match supply and demand. You’ll report directly to the CEO and work cross-functionally with product and engineering teams.
This is a full-time role based in San Francisco, CA. We support a hybrid work environment: most of our team members spend 3 days in the office and the other days working from home or remotely.
You have experience building and growing a marketplace. You have strong leadership and management skills, and a deep understanding of marketplace dynamics and how to spin the flywheel. You're able to set a strategy and a roadmap, organize a team, and execute effectively. You have amazing communication and coordination skills, and you're equally comfortable managing internal teams and negotiating with executive-level partner stakeholders. You've managed in a high-growth setting before and are excited to scale up our product and operations.
- Supplier operations: Establish and own this new area of CoProcure’s business, which includes driving the growth, onboarding, and retention of suppliers. Increase the size and quality of the supplier base and supplier data on CoProcure.
- Strategy and systems design: Work with the founders to translate the company’s strategy into projects, processes, and systems that support the execution of that strategy. Implement, manage, and iterate as needed to operate and scale the business.
- Partnerships: Explore partnerships that support our strategy. Manage executive-level partners and stakeholders.
- Organization design and people management: Build out and manage a high performing team.
- Monetization: Explore a monetization strategy and create a roadmap.
- Marketing and buyer operations support: Consult and support on buyer strategy and execution as needed.
- Other opportunities as they arise.
- Strategic leadership: You have a track record of business development leadership, ideally at a fast-growing marketplace technology company. You have experience defining and executing first of kind strategies. You can build systems to solve problems at different levels of scale.
- Superb collaboration and communication skills: You’re comfortable gathering internal requirements, negotiating with partners, and working cross-functionally.
- Exceptional people management skills, including performance management, coaching, and more. You are humble, lead by example, and give teammates the support they need to do their best work.
- Partnerships: You have experience defining partnerships strategy and managing executive-level stakeholders.
- Decision making and prioritization skills: You can prioritize through competing demands and complex problems. You can handle ambiguity in a fast-moving organization.
- Strong project management skills and experience coordinating large projects with many moving pieces: You’re able to prioritize and sequence time well to be able to hit multiple goals at once. You’re detail-oriented and have a passion for execution.
- Entrepreneurial ownership mentality: You thrive on a high level of autonomy and responsibility. You can acknowledge mistakes, own them, fix them, and learn from them in short cycles.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.