Director of Growth
San Francisco, CA | Full-Time
The market for government spending is huge — $1.9 trillion at the state and local levels in the US — but remains inefficient and largely offline. A public employee has better online tools to hire a babysitter or buy a new outfit than to make an essential purchase on behalf of the public. By aggregating and organizing procurement information, CoProcure expedites the purchasing process for governments from 6+ months to a few weeks. If you’re looking to grow at the speed of a startup and achieve impact at the scale of government, apply to join our team!
About this role
CoProcure is taking a radical approach to serving governments: we do not sell to public entities. Today, hundreds of public entities use our free and user-friendly product every time they need to make a buying decision. Almost half a billion dollars in transactions originate on CoProcure, growing 35% quarter over quarter. And more than 60% of new governments that use CoProcure have heard about CoProcure through word of mouth.
As the Director of Growth, you'll work closely with our founders to set and implement the growth strategy to scale CoProcure from serving hundreds of monthly active governments to thousands and beyond. You’ll develop deep expertise in our business, empathy with our users, and leverage analytics to design and prioritize experiments. You’ll work closely with our business and product teams to run these experiments, identify where to invest, and scale.
This role reports directly to the CEO.
This is a full-time opportunity based in San Francisco, CA. We support a hybrid work environment: most of our team members spend 3 days in the office and the other days working remotely or from home.
- Define, prioritize, and implement strategies, experiments, and initiatives that unlock step function growth of government agencies on CoProcure.
- Identify key growth levers for the business and map out new levers, viral loops, and strategies.
- Develop and scale programs and campaigns across multiple channels, including email, SEO, website, paid digital, and more.
- Hire, manage, and develop a high-performing growth team.
- Manage external consultants, agencies, and/or vendors.
- Lead and support a culture of testing and experimentation.
- Other opportunities as they arise.
- 6-8 years of marketing experience with depth in B2B demand generation, growth, performance, or lifecycle marketing experience or equivalent experience leading growth programs.
- 1+ years of experience hiring and developing high-performing teams.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and writing skills.
- Track record of rapid learning. You design and implement right-sized experiments to build, measure, and learn in short cycles.
- Highly analytical with a strong ability to work with data. You’ve consistently used data to drive product and/or business decisions.
- Cross-functional, collaborative approach. You effectively engage with teammates in other functions as well as external stakeholders and users.
- Flexible and can adapt to fast moving, agile team.
- Passion for our mission: you’re excited to use your skills to achieve business impact at the speed of a startup and social impact at the scale of government.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.