CoProcure is Hiring a Senior Software Engineer
San Francisco, CA | Full-Time
The internet has transformed commerce in every industry except for government. A public employee can hire a babysitter or housecleaner, order groceries, or buy a new outfit in just a few minutes. But it takes months — or even years — for that same individual to complete a purchase on behalf of the public. The market for government spending is huge — $1.6 trillion at the local government level in the US alone —but remains inefficient and largely offline.
CoProcure is bringing the ease and efficiency of online shopping to public procurement. Our marketplace matches local and state governments with suppliers available on compliant contracts from peer public agencies. By aggregating and organizing public procurement information, CoProcure expedites the purchasing process for governments from 6+ months to a few weeks and lowers the cost of doing business for suppliers.
Increasing the efficiency of public procurement is an enormous business opportunity. It is also a force-multiplier for impact in our local communities. If you’re looking to grow at the speed of a startup and achieve impact at the scale of government, we encourage you to apply.
About this role
We’re recruiting a senior software engineer who will work on all parts of our product, from the web stack to data infrastructure. This is a chance to design and build lasting systems, own major products and pieces of infrastructure, and create a culture of excellence in engineering. You’ll have a large amount of autonomy, ownership in the product’s development, and leadership responsibility. You may be a fit for this role if you:
- Enjoy being a generalist. Frontend, backend — you’re willing to do anything it takes to solve problems and delight users.
- Thrive in an entrepreneurial environment. You’re comfortable with high levels of ambiguity and autonomy.
- Are excited to have an outsized impact on our company and on the social and business consequences of making government more efficient.
This is a full-time role based in San Francisco, CA. We support a hybrid work environment: most of our team members spend 3 days in the office and the other days working from home or remotely.
- Architect and implement new features, products, and systems.
- Create and improve development and deployment processes.
- Manage and automate a pipeline to ingest millions of government contracts.
- Collaborate to identify and prioritize the most impactful improvements to our product.
- 5+ years of full-time, relevant industry experience in software engineering.
- Rigor in high code quality, automated testing, and other engineering best practices.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills.
- Passion for impact.
Nice to have, not required:
- Experience building products that organize and/or analyze large amounts of data.
- Experience and/or interest in local government.
- Desire to grow into a management role.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.