CoProcure is Hiring a Senior Software Engineer
San Francisco, CA | Full-Time
The market for government spending is huge — $1.9 trillion at the state and local levels in the US — but remains inefficient and largely offline. A public employee has better online tools to hire a babysitter or buy a new outfit than to make an essential purchase on behalf of the public. By aggregating and organizing procurement information, CoProcure expedites the purchasing process for governments from 6+ months to a few weeks.
CoProcure has $465M GMV in annualized search value and that number is growing 35% quarter over quarter. If you’re looking to grow at the speed of a startup and achieve impact at the scale of government, apply to join our small team that's making a huge difference.
About this role
We’re recruiting a senior software engineer who will work on all parts of our product, from the web stack to data infrastructure. This is a chance to design and build lasting systems, own major products and pieces of infrastructure, and create a culture of excellence in engineering. You’ll have a large amount of autonomy, ownership in the product’s development, and leadership responsibility. You may be a fit for this role if you:
- Enjoy being a generalist. Frontend, backend — you’re willing to do anything it takes to solve problems and delight users.
- Thrive in an entrepreneurial environment. You’re comfortable with high levels of ambiguity and autonomy.
- Are excited to have an outsized impact on our company and on the social and business consequences of making government more efficient.
This is a full-time role based in San Francisco, CA. We support a hybrid work environment: most of our team members spend 3 days in the office and the other days working from home or remotely.
- Architect and implement new features, products, and systems.
- Create and improve development and deployment processes.
- Manage and automate a pipeline to ingest millions of government contracts.
- Collaborate to identify and prioritize the most impactful improvements to our product.
- 5+ years of full-time, relevant industry experience in software engineering.
- Rigor in high code quality, automated testing, and other engineering best practices.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills.
- Passion for impact.
Nice to have, not required:
- Experience building products that organize and/or analyze large amounts of data.
- Experience and/or interest in local government.
- Desire to grow into a management role.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.