Join CoProcure as a Software Engineer
CoProcure is an early stage venture-backed startup building search to enable more transparent, efficient, and inclusive public purchasing. Finding the information to make a public purchasing decision shouldn’t require scouring aging government websites or fielding dozens of cold calls. It should be a Google-like search experience: easy, fast, and free. By leveraging technology to aggregate, organize and surface relevant shareable public contracts, CoProcure is optimizing procurement processes and reducing the costs of buying and selling in the $1.6 trillion-dollar local government procurement industry. We are organizing this information to unlock hundreds of billions of dollars of new economic activity while improving outcomes for our communities.
We’re a mission-driven, San Francisco-based company backed by Leadout Capital and Neo. Our team comes from experience in local government (City of San Francisco, City of Long Beach) as well as leading technology startups (Dropbox, GRAIL, Palantir, Stripe, Facebook).
About this role
We’re recruiting a product-minded, entrepreneurial software engineer who will work on all parts of our product, from the web stack to data infrastructure. As an early member of the engineering team, you’ll wear many hats and gain exposure to all parts of the process of building a software product. You’ll have a large amount of autonomy, ownership in the product’s development, and leadership responsibility.
You may be a fit for this role if you:
- Enjoy being a generalist. Frontend, backend — you’re willing to do anything it takes to solve problems and delight users.
- Thrive in an entrepreneurial environment. You’re comfortable with high levels of ambiguity and autonomy.
- Are excited to have an outsized impact on our company and on the social and business consequences of making government more efficient.
This is a full-time role based in San Francisco, CA but remote for the next few months due to COVID.
- Build new features, products, and systems for our users.
- Collaborate to identify and prioritize the most impactful improvements to our product.
- 1+ years of full-time, relevant industry experience.
- Rigor in high code quality, automated testing, and other engineering best practices.
- Ability to turn vague requirements into clear deliverables with minimal guidance.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills.
- Passion for impact.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
Email Alicia at firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and a brief statement of interest.
We’ll respond to all emails within a few days to confirm receipt, and we’ll follow up with you if we’d like to get more detail. Thank you!