Curated content for public agencies to learn more about cooperative purchasing and keep up with CoProcure.
Cooperative Purchasing: The Basics
Looking to learn more about cooperative purchasing? We've collected questions and answers from public procurement professionals to help you stay up-to-date on the latest in cooperative purchasing, from the basics to beyond.
- What is cooperative purchasing? Understanding joint solicitations vs. piggybacking
- Who creates cooperative contracts
- A diligence checklist for using cooperative contracts
- The benefits and risks of using a cooperative contract
- Why you should include cooperative language in your government contracts
- How to add coop language to your solicitations and contracts, with examples
- A simple framework for choosing an above-threshold purchasing pathway
- Rethinking Procurement: A Guide to Strategic and Collaborative Public Sector Purchasing
Regional Cooperative Purchasing
We've compiled best practices and case studies on regional public procurement collaboration. From Florida to Arizona, the Pacific Northwest to the Midwest, public agencies are finding ways to save time and money by working together on procurement. Learn more from the case studies below:
What's New on CoProcure
Learn about the latest features on CoProcure and tips for making the most of our free procurement collaboration resource.
CoProcure in the Press
News and media articles about cooperative purchasing, government technology, and CoProcure.
- Code for America: Leading the field: A conversation with Mariel Reed, CEO & Cofounder of CoProcure
- American City & County: Cooperative agreements and other tools can help lean-staffed procurement squads
- American City & County: Working together on cooperative contracts for small and diverse businesses
- Cities Today: Pandemic pushes cities to look at new procurement processes
- The Municipal March Issue: Fleet procurement: New strategies for ongoing challenges
- GovTech Biz: Cooperative Purchasing Startup CoProcure Raises $2.4M
CoProcure Company Updates
Get to know our team and check out company updates.
- Abby Krishnan joins CoProcure as a software engineer
- CoProcure's first Product Manager, Kate Hawkins, brings product experience from KQED, Pandora, Coursera
- Becca Blazak joins CoProcure to grow partnerships and community engagement
- New team member Jacob Cavallo's on-demand food delivery experience to "beef up" CoProcure analytics and operations
- CoProcure raises a $2.4M seed round to build search for shareable public contracts